Anxiety Might Be Stealing Her

Have you seen the newish HomePod commercial? I've seen it, didn't pay much attention to is. It's black and white and the letters bounce around. A few weeks ago I was forced to watch it a little closer when I heard this screaming in the living room. There she was, Adelaide screaming "just put it together" at the tv because the bouncing letters were driving her crazy.

Today, Adelaide had a season end basketball party at 5:30 which meant that I needed to pick them up at their after school program no later than 5:20 in order to get there on time. I arrived at 5:15 and their care taker looked absolutely defeated which is unlike him. I knew it was one of my children when he was high stepping it to talk to me. Yep, it was my A that was his source of pain over the last few hours. Apparently she was so excited about her party that she began anxiously asking what time it was every few minutes and begging to call me.

Adelaide has to have a plan and she has to stick with it. She also has to talk everything through and if you stop or disrupt her pattern she doesn't know how to handle it and will fly off the handle. I don't know how to help her and I have a hard time relating to what she is going through. Everything makes her anxious and sometimes her OCD almost takes over her life. Getting her to stop playing legos part way through an instruction booklet and she just can not walk away.

I've had bouts of anxiety, but nothing like this. When I've gone through it I remember feeling like I was having a heart attack and holding my breathe all at the same time. Is she feeling the same way? How often is this happening? Will she deal with this for the rest of her life? Why her?

Are all of these little ticks the reason she eats lunch alone? Or is the anxiety the reason for her not eating at all?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hot

He Took It All

I'm Still Here