How do they know?

So the rule of thumb is NOT to cuss/swear in front of your kids, right? Here is the problem - I feel like I should have been a sailor with some of the words that come out of my mouth. I'm not supposed to cuss at work because I'm a professional and I'm not supposed to cuss at home because I'm a mom so what does that leave me?

I'll tell you what happens - I have approximately 40 minutes of drive time each afternoon and the hours I'm awake and my kids are asleep to get every pent up cuss word out of my mouth before I combust. Please take pity on my friends and husband - I'm like a loose cannon when it comes to my word choices and honestly, I have some friends who prefer not to hear my sailor mouth and if they cal l or text when I'm on one of my rants - I don't answer because I know I don't want to control myself.

So here is my question - how do kids know which words are bad words and which aren't? At no time did I go through my dictionary of words not to say or repeat, so how do they know not to use the words themselves?

Am I a bad mom for cussing around my kids? I don't cuss at them at least not audibly.

I know I'm supposed to be setting a good example for my children, but isn't taking care of them, going to work, and everything that goes with it enough? What's wrong with the fact that my favorite words mostly have four letters in them?

When I saw this Kraft commercial it did make me feel a little better that I may not be the only one who loves cussing/swearing. I say that knowing that certain VERY CLOSE friends love their extended vocabulary as much as I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV-opIMAtD4&feature=youtu.be

So here is to all of my F-bomb dropping friends - thank you for making me not feel bad for being an honorary sailor.


Comments

  1. Lol, I have had to tell Logan and Ethan, "do not repeat what Mommy/Daddy just said. It is a bad word".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hot

He Took It All

I'm Still Here