When your kid is an ass

Yes, I went there - my kids can be a real asshats sometimes. So lets talk about my 6 year old who has mastered the ability to push my buttons. So is sarcastic, knows how to bate people and finds joy in it. Shit - she is me and I totally deserve it.

This weekend we were sitting on my parents patio and when this 6 year old wasn't getting exactly what she wanted she used her power. She decided to tell me that I didn't like her, care about her or love her. Oh boy did that push my buttons and she literally sat there and waited for my expression. I didn't let her ruffle my feathers too much, but that's only because she was saved by YaYa.

All of this comes on the heels of another great P moment. Earlier in the week I had asked the girls on multiple occasions to clean up their dirty clothes. On the third night I had enough so I made P get out of her bed and do what I had asked. She did it, but made sure to add in that I made her do everything.

Stop - wait a minute - now you are in trouble. DO NOT tell me that you do everything in this house. I'm pretty sure I went on and on about going to work to buy her nice things, driving home as fast as I could to pick her up early from after-school camp, leaving work early two days a week so that she could get to soccer practice on time, doing her laundry, cooking her dinner, packing her lunch, taking her on vacation, on and on and on I went. She slithered into bed, apologized and said that Mommy and Daddy are the ones who did everything.

So no, I'm probably not the most traditional mom and I don't shield my children from reality. I feel like when they are being asshats they need to know the consequences that go with it. Here is what you should be proud of, I didn't cuss during either of my responses to my spoiled little child and anyone who knows me should be clapping right now.

I would like to say that she has been an angel since those conversations, but reality is she is my kid and that's never going to happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hot

He Took It All

I'm Still Here