Nudity in the house

Things that I don't remember...the last time I took a shower without little eyeballs watching me through the glass door and asking me where something is OR going to the bathroom without a full blown conversation occurring within an arms length. Does that bathroom door even close?

I used to worry about privacy and the girls being modest, but quite frankly I threw that right out the window when I realized that no one else cares about it in my house so why should I. Listen - I'm not saying I'm a nudist or anything, but it's not unusual for my kids to have full blown conversations with me while I'm trying to find clothes after getting out of the shower.

At what point are these girls going to start caring? A has finally gotten to the age where modesty is starting to kick in for her. Daddy can't see her without a shirt on, we are talking about the kid who doesn't like to wear tank tops because someone may see her armpits. No way she will walk around the house naked so why does she not care that I'm naked? Oh and Daddy, ALL THE PRIVACY IN THE WORLD! They may talk through the doors the whole time and stick their fingers through the bottom, but no way will they open the door. Oh and when he tries to shower - yah, he gets to do that alone too - ugh.

At what age will they finally give me space? At what age will they be embarrassed by the fact that they didn't care to give me space? If I yell at them to get out of the bathroom, my sweet A will offer "do you need me to go get your Tampax Mommy?" Yep, those are the only few days out of the month that I get to pee alone. Sorry male readers, but this is a true mom's life.

All that I know is that one day when they claim they went blind from my nudity, it is NOT my fault - totally theirs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hot

He Took It All

I'm Still Here