Comedy of Errors

How often do you feel like things are spinning out of control? No matter what you do there doesn't seem to be a break. You may mention a time or two - "why me?" Yep, me too.

We always know that things could be worse, there are people less fortunate, blah, blah, blah, but in that moment it is all about you. Kind of like tonight when I was all excited about the new recipe I was making until the homemade gnocchi fell apart in the boiling water. The moment I put the bacon in the oven just to realize when I opened the oven door to check on it that dinner the night before had boiled over and enough smoke came out to set the smoke alarms off. After said bacon came out of the oven my hand slipped and all of the grease fell down the front of the island and left a long trail all over the wood floors. Meanwhile my phone is ringing, pinging and the girls are screaming in the shower.

Yep, that was 10 minutes of my day, those were my errors for the day. I could have given up, sat on the couch snuggled up to Pinterest and fed the girls cereal for dinner, but I didn't. Nope, not looking for applause, I say all of this because there are points where that is exactly what I would have done. I'm trying very hard to get out of the routine of "poor me." It is so easy to have those thoughts and I've become very frustrated with myself for not getting my head out of my own ass for a moment to look around and laugh at myself. Believe me, it was a conscious effort not to say screw it and throw all of the pans into the sink and deal with it later. I didn't give up this time because 1. I was hungry, but 2. I want out of this cycle of giving up.

So now I sit here on the couch, the girls are asleep and I have an hour to catch up on my trash tv. Nope, didn't get those dishes done, but I did have a good meal with my family. A meal I pushed myself to finish after a very long day simply because I'm tired of giving up.

Little victories people, little laughs to get through the comedy of errors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hot

I'm Still Here

He Took It All