Back It Up


I'm going to back up and explain where everything started. Nine years ago I had an incredible pregnancy. I gained WAY TOO MUCH weight (60ish pounds, yes I know), I was happy, I was in love, everyone was over the moon excited for this precious baby to be born. She made us wait an extra two weeks to make her appearance in the world, but when she arrived she absolutely changed my world. 

At six months old I was told my precious baby girl may have a brain tumor. Thankfully that was not the case, but we did discover that she has a rare genetic disorder. When I say rare I mean 1 in 14 reported cases in the world. I have the most perfectly imperfect 8 year old child who I couldn't possibly love anymore than I do. Granted sometimes I have to walk away and find a way not to scream, but that's "normal", right?

My frustration 8 years ago and still today is that all of my friends, acquaintances, co-workers and family acted like their lives were perfect and "normal" instead of being open and honest about what life will throw at you on a daily basis. 

I am here to be open and honest and to loudly say that life is hard, there is no more "normal" and that if some people would step up and say "hey, I need help and this is what's going on" it would make life easier or at least a little more manageable for everyone.

I'm not complaining, I have the most incredibly supportive family and friends a girl could ask for. I have a job that I like and supportive co-workers and directors. I am the fortunate one, not everyone has what I have. So this blog is mainly an outlet for me, but if it helps just one person sleep a little easier at least one night, I'll take that as my small contribution to the world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hot

He Took It All

I'm Still Here