Let me start by saying how shocked, amazed and supported I have felt since my last post about getting a hysterectomy. I received so many private messages that it was overwhelming. What amazed me is how many of you reading this right now have gone through exactly what I am going through. Maybe amazed isn't the right word, I should probably use the word shocked. Have you seen the show Handmaids Tale? If you haven't, you must binge on Hulu. The premise is that women are kept as reproductive servants because of a declining population. The ruling class of men believe that women have focused too much on being independent, career focuses and sexually active that they now longer can bare children. I know it sounds bizarre, but trust me, you must watch this. Why am I bringing this up? This freaking show and the amount of young women receiving hysterectomies and having reproductive issues has given me the tv freak out. It's just like when you watch a scary movie and you just know...
Warning - graphic detailed information going forward - stop reading if you don't want to know "too much." So picture this, a 37 year old woman walks into a bar hospital, but would have preferred a bar. She thought she was going in for a quick in and out partial hysterectomy and 3.5 hours later wakes up to discover it was actually a radical hysterectomy and a whole lot more and then she pushed that pain med button and drifted back off LaLaLand. Surprise, that 37 year old was me and this is no joke! I knew I was in pain, I knew I was piling on the pounds, I knew my emotions were all over the place, but I attributed a lot of it to "life." In November I was standing at after school pickup and something felt funny, so I looked down and there I was in an elementary school cafeteria standing in a puddle of my own blood. This was a few weeks after I stood up at the end of a work meeting and wasn't sure what was going on, so I ran to the restroom and when I pull...
Comments
Post a Comment